Monday, July 8, 2013

Why an Egg Diet?

Hello, my name is Egg Girl and I am a sugar addict. I have used and abused food for most of my life as a coping mechanism. Let's face it, life is hard and having something to comfort you and take the edge off feels good temporarily. However after losing quite a bit of weight I have started gaining again and I am not feeling comfortable in my own skin. I have found that I only overeat processed carbs and sugar. When I do a lower carb lifestyle I seem to have less physical cravings and feel better. I do however still fight with the mental cravings that tell me I want cake now! :) I decided I wanted to do a detox of sorts where I focused all of my daily calories on fat/protein. I have been researching a lot and read several things about the Egg Diet but there was very little written about actual people's results. I decided for 21 days I will egg only hard boiled eggs. I will eat when hungry and not for pleasure. I will detox of carbs and sugar. It would be nice to lose some weight in the process too. I will be updating my results here so in the future people can see a real life account on what it is like to drop to zero carbs and live on only whole fresh organic free range eggs for 21 days. Today is the start of my little experiment. I woke up this morning and weighed in. I am 5'7'' and currently weigh 192 pounds. I will let you know how this goes! Wish me luck! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment